Post-Op Instructions Following Direct Sinus Lift
- Please refrain from blowing your nose for up to four weeks following your surgery. Do not hold your nose when sneezing. Avoid flying in pressured aircraft, scuba diving, bearing down when lifting heavy objects, blowing up balloons, playing musical instruments that require a blowing action or any other activity that increases nasal or oral pressure for at least four weeks after surgery.
- Please take all medications as prescribed, included decongestants as necessary.
- It is important to keep your mouth clean after surgery to reduce the risk of infection and promote rapid healing.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Eat soft foods for the first several days after surgery. Advance to a regular diet as you become more comfortable. Please avoid chewing or creating pressure on the bone graft site. Please avoid drinking alcoholic beverages or smoking during the first one to two weeks following your surgery.
- All removable appliances, including partial dentures, flippers and full dentures, must be checked for proper fit before they can be worn.
- Swelling and bruising may occur. Applying a cold compress to the face near the surgical site will help minimize swelling. If using an ice pack, please do not apply ice directly to your skin but place a cloth between the ice and your skin at all times. You may apply the cold compress for up to 20 minutes on and at least 20 minutes off as needed.
- If you experience severe or persistent sinus or nasal congestion please let us know.